The Gondi Anicut, located at about 14.50 km downstream of the Bhadra Dam, is built across the Bhadra River near Gondi Village, 11.56 km from Bhadravati Town, Shivamogga district. The Culturable Command Area (CCA) of the Gondi System is about 4,600 ha.
Components under Project 1-Gondi Modernization:
- Improvement of canals including canal lining to suit future water delivery requirements.
- Repair/ replacement of canal structures to support future operational objectives.
- Supply and installation of telemetry-based flow measurement at about 20 locations.
- Command area development works in 4,600 ha.
- Capacity development of System Operations staff and Water Users Cooperative Societies (WUCS) to enable them to effectively operate and maintain the system, including the flow system, to provide improved and efficient water distribution service.
Gondi Modernization Progress Graphs