Water Users Cooperative Societies
The aim of establishing/strengthening Water Users Cooperative Societies (WUCS) is to promote Participatory Irrigation Management (PIM) for increasing water use efficiency and promote sustainable agricultural practices. Post modernization, it is planned to hand over management of canal system to WUCS.
- List of WUCS with contact details
- Basic data of WUCS command area Information
- Details of the WUCS-Gram panchayat-wise
- WUCS-wise Membership and Contribution for one-time grant
- Canal Reach-wise Representation in WUCS Board
- Gondi WUCS Project Level Federation
- WUCS Sub committees and Women Representation
- Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number of WUCS
WUCS Performance Assessment
The performance assessment of the eleven(11) WUCS in the Gondi Irrigation System is monitored through baseline surveys. The first assessment carried out during September/October 2016 revealed that most of the WUCS were dormant. As of December 2017, five baseline assessments have been conducted. There is a significant progress seen against the 29 parameters framed to monitor performance of the WUCS. Most of the WUCS are now active. All the WUCS are implementing the Command Area Development (CAD) works involving lining of the Field Irrigation Channels and construction of cross drainage structures.
SMEC India Pvt Ltd,.
#28, 1st Cross Street
Gandhi Nagar,Opp Bhandari gas Agency
Shivamogga – 577 201,
Ph: +91-8182 402342